Wednesday, December 01, 2010

label your vegetable

My mom taught me to wrap veggie in a newspaper
and put it in a plastic bag,
this way the veggie will stay fresh for a longer period.
.
But I found it very annoying especially
when I forgot what I'd wrapped in those newspapers.
.
Lately I've figured out a way to do it:
.
Normally I re-use the plastic bags which come with the veggies.
.
.
First, put the veggie (here is my spring onion)
on the newspaper and wrap it..
.
Since the spring onion is long and soft,
after wrapping I just fold the paper
so that it can be fitted into a plastic bag..
.
In the plastic bag and....
notice the clothespin?
.
.
On the pin written in Chinese is "spring onion".
(I labelled the veggies in Chinese so that XP can expose to them more)
.
.
Now I know what I have in my fridge
and can easily find them without opening up all the wrappings.

No comments:

Post a Comment